Monday, May 13, 2013

Two False Lashes Review: Dolly Wink no. 1 Dolly Sweet (top) & Kiss Me Heroine Make Impact False eyelashes NEW EDITION 09 (bottom)

Wow, haha, that's a long title...but since I bought them to be worn together, I figured I should do the review of them together! ^^ Starting with the top lashes: Dolly Wink no. 1 lashes. 

Here's the case, this is after I had worn the top pair
The case is shaped like a cute little perfume, or shampoo, or something toiletries-ish, bottle ^^; With cute little flowers and cute little Tsubasa! The lashes themselves are SO luxurious! :3 They're super light and sooo soft. I honestly wasn't expecting anything this nice despite all the hype... but they're perfect! They give me the exact look I'm going for, something natural, but unnatural all at the same time. I wanted something cute and slightly dramatic~ and I got it ^.^

Looks totally legit, right? For all you know, I could just have ridiculously long and fluttery eyelashes~ :P (my left eye, your right, is the one with the lash, just in case you couldn't tell) Best part is, that they're so light-looking, that i barely need any makeup to go along with it, just my basic makeup: eyeliner for the top, some white eyeshadow in the inner corners, which swoops down to line the lower lashline, and the same white eyeshadow along the middle of my top eyelid. (Tho, in this pic, I don't believe that I have any eyeshadow on)
Now for a pic of both top and bottom lashes together, 'cause we're moving on to the bottoms:


BTW, the dolly winks came with a cute little tube of glue

So did the Kiss Me Heroine ones!
Okay, here are the bottoms, which I was hoping would be a cheaper alternative to the Dolly Wink no. 5, but...These are technically more expensive at $9.99 for ONE pair, while the Dolly Wink's are just $18.99 for TWO pairs. However, my mom made me stick to a $30 budget, so...two sets of Dolly Winks just wasn't gonna happen. XD Anyways, I just rambled about money, which was completely unnecessary... (except for those on a budget like me). SO, these are really short, I'm not talking about the actual lashes, but rather the band, which, like the Dolly Winks, is invisible. Maybe this is just a normal thing for Japanese bottom falsies (the length thing, not the invisible band thing)? The lashes themselves are rather coarse feeling, especially if you touch the Dolly Sweet Dolly Winks, then touch the Kiss Me Heroine ones right after each other. And the lashes are a good length, not too long so that they still easily pass for bottom lashes (which they are, but...idk, I've seen some really long bottom lashes before, and it just looked wrong) 
Now, let's see what kind of a difference they can make when put on:


Okay, BYE!! <3
here's the link to pretty and cute, where I got all this stuff: http://www.prettyandcute.com/cart.php?referralId=16736
To use magic 10% off coupon, push the above link and put welcome12 at checkout.

4 comments:

  1. These are really cute on you-- you look so doll-like!

    Could I perhaps suggest a few things? :) Though the silvery grey under your lower lashes looks nice, I think a soft golden brown would make your skin really glow! Also, I think a "neko me" look that concentrates on getting a cute cat eye shape would be really flattering on you. Or maybe something like Kumicky's eye makeup? I think that would suit your eye shape too!

    Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! C:
      And I'm always open to suggestions! :3
      I'm completely open to the idea of switching the white to a bronzer color! :)
      Sadly tho, I really happen to hate the shape of my eyes with a cat-eye so... ^^;
      Still, thank you!

      Delete
    2. Ah, that's really fair enough! I don't particularly like a very obvious cat-eye myself. If it helps, though, I wasn't thinking of a big clumsy retro flick-- more like the the leftmost column here. That sort of shape looks nice and fresh with lolita too-- it's quite similar to Misako Aoki's look in a lot of the Kera and GLB spreads. :)

      But I understand if you don't want to do that, they're your eyes after all! (*´・v・)

      Delete
    3. I suppose I could try something like that.. Though, I will admit, I'm not very good at cat-eyes (One big reason why I normally avoid them)^^;
      At the same time, it does take practice to be able to do anything so... I guess I'll just have to work on it some before writing it off! :)

      Delete