Thursday, May 2, 2013

I cut my wig!! (gothic lolita wigs - classic wavy in strawberry blonde)




Originally, with long side swept bangs, as seen here ->
I decided to cut them after discovering that I don't look very cute with side swept bangs :P And it only took me three days to cut it! XD lolz, not really, but seriously, it did take a really long time, and I had started the project four days ago and finished yesterday. The first day, I had tried to cut it straight across for about five minutes. I failed miserably. I successfully cut about three strands of hair, and barely even an inch off those. So I tried again the next day: this time, sectioning off parts and trapping them between my fingers THEN, trying to cut it with normal scissors again, and again, straight across. Yet again to no avail. So then, I started getting creative and did some research. And found a solution that only took about an hour:

HOLD THE SCISSORS VERTICALLY!

Now, some of you may already know this, but I didn't, and none of videos on YouTube were any help since they all used shears instead of normal scissors. SO...they all just cut straight on through with their fancy scissors made for hair-cutting. (which I couldn't do..soooo)
Anyways, I finally found the answer in the COMMENTS of a video on cutting blunt bangs. I don't remember who it was that said it so, sorry, I can't credit and/or thank you. But they claimed to be a hairdresser and said to hold the scissors vertically instead of horizontally. So, figuring I had nothing to lose, I went ahead and tried it, and it cut! Now, this is not as fast as any of those videos on YouTube that I watched, but it works, and it works faster than the whole cutting-straight-on-through thing, plus the result was a nice, not too severe, blunt bang that looked really rather natural. C:
Sure, it's uneven, it's not perfect, but it worked. And it's still long enough to be swept to the side some.

No comments:

Post a Comment