Thursday, January 24, 2013

Circle Lens Review~ Candy Magic King Size Brown on light eyes

Okay, the long awaited BROWN circle lens review! i know what you're thinking: "Brown lenses?! ...on blue eyes?" Well, I wanted that true dolly-eyed look that only dark circle lenses seem to be able to give, and they were going to be free so...I FIGURED, "WHY NOT?" :9 Now, those of you with green, or hazel, eyes are going to be able to work these better, there is simply no contest. I mean, hazel: your eyes are almost brown. And green? They tend to have brown around their pupils (just basing it off what I've seen on people like my mom, who has green eyes that she claims to be hazel sometimes, and green other times). Bought at ilovecirclelenses.com yet again!(and because this might confuse some people, this lens has two names, in the title, I just combined them, I guess? On ilovecirclelenses.com, its just candy magic brown) Now then, I think I've talk enough, lets get on to the pictures and stuff~! C:


Design: Personally, I love the Candy Magic series. They have an excellent design and nice color. Now, I know that these designs show up a bit more opaque on light colored eyes since there isn't this dark color behind it to show through. They have a dark ring on the outer circle, making them circle-ish circle lenses :P and also providing the all important enlarging effect. Also, I know that these aren't the most natural lenses. They are more suited for the round, dolly-eyed gyaru look than any normal look. Try and wear at least some eyeliner with these lenses to balance them out.

Color: They are...BROWN. (as I've already stated multiple times) a very light brown (almost caramel). Or at least that's what I thought before I put them on. When I just watched reviews, which were all on people with dark brown eyes, they looked seriously light. And if they looked light on a dark background, what on Earth were they going to look like on a light background? O.O They're going to look darker for some reason! -is confused-

Enlargement: In my opinion, this is the most important part of a circle lens' design, whether it provides enlarging effects or not. This design provides an excellent enlargement with its thick black ring. Big and dolly-like! Especially these. For some reason, in my opinion, darker circle lens provide better enlargement...no idea why. :/ The downside, is that, sadly, it IS indeed a bit too large to go without making yourself up some to prevent looking like an alien.

Comfort: OMG! SO COMFY~ :3 Normally, circle lens sting a bit when i first put them in, or I can feel them on my eyes for like an hour, then they disappear into my eyes, but I didn't have such problems with these C: I guess I just got lucky~!

Suited for light eyes?
Surprisingly works rather well, as long as you aren't taking CLOSE up pictures with flash... XD

PIC TIME~:
With strong flash, sorry that it's kinda blurry... ^^;

With indoor lighting

One in~ One out~ Pretty big difference!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for writing a review on these lenses! I have been searching for a pair of nice brown circle lenses which go well with light eyes and I finally think I have found a pair I'm willing to give a try! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :3
      Personally, I think that this series is good for any eye color, since it covers so much of the natural iris! ^^

      Delete